20 ft Shipping Containers For Sale In NZ
05 April 2020
As one of the most popular containers, our 20 ft shipping containers are beneficial for a range of reasons and are used for multiple purposes. These containers benefit from being large enough to store a wide array of items and yet small enough to be placed in a limited amount of space. On offer for both sale and hire, they can also be transported using smaller and more manoeuvrable vehicles.
In this article, we outline the variations, benefits, uses and modifications for this versatile container.
The 20 ft containers come in five different variations of the standard cube containers. These include:
- General-purpose shipping containers -These containers are ideal for construction site storage, everyday household items, retail stock storage, motorbikes and other types of general storage.
- High cube shipping containers - These containers are great because they still take up a limited amount of space in terms of width and length. The benefit from these containers is that they provide a larger amount of vertical space. This means that taller items can be stored.
- Open-top shipping containers - These containers are beneficial for transporting goods that exceed the height of the container. A tarpaulin cover with steel truss rods is used instead of the traditional steel roof.
- Side opening shipping containers - Our containers that have a side door offer full side access to the interior. This is beneficial as it allows for the storage of a wider range of goods and for loading and storing goods on pallets.
- Dangerous goods shipping containers - Made with bundled flooring, these containers are useful for storing chemicals and liquids or potentially hazardous goods.
Benefits of 20ft shipping containers
Shipping containers were originally made for transportation via boat. This means they were made to be durable, vermin and weatherproof. These large steel containers offer a diverse range of storage solutions. Offering transportation from one site to another, they can also be modified to meet the individual needs of the purchaser.
What can these containers be used for?
The containers can be used for multiple purposes, however, the most common uses are:
- Storage solutions - Protected from wind and water, these containers offer ideal storage solutions. They take up a relatively small amount of space and can store almost any item. They can be provided with a lockbox to help prevent tampering and ensure the contents are kept safe. Our refrigerated storage containers are great for storing temperature-sensitive goods.
- Transportation - These containers were originally crafted for long periods of travel over the Ocean. Made to be easily stackable and durable, these containers protect the goods inside from getting damaged or pilfered.
- Modification - Outside their usual purpose of functionality for storage and transportation, shipping containers have also been subject to a significant amount of modification. Converted into site offices, portable workshops to homes and living spaces!
20 ft shipping container modifications
The primary use of containers is still shipping goods. Modified shipping containers can be used for a range of unconventional uses and has become popularized over the past 20 years. This is due to the lower cost of shipping containers in comparison with building a new fixed structure.
The containers provide the perfect foundation as they are already designed to be solid, unmoving structures. This makes them beneficial for moving to a different location.
At ContainerCo, we have on-site specialise engineers dedicated to creating container modifications and custom-built shipping containers in NZ. This can include adding windows, ventilation, plumbing, insulation and electricity. Perfect for a range of versatile needs.
ContainerCo - Shipping Container Hire and Sales
At ContainerCo we have shipping containers for sale NZ wide in a range of sizes and configurations. Depending on your needs, you can hire for short or long term. Purchasing the container can offer a more permanent solution to your needs. We have 40 ft, 20 ft and 10 ft shipping containers for sale NZ wide.
Our containers range from 10 ft, 20 ft and 40 ft containers for sale. We have containers for sale in Christchurch, Wellington, Auckland, Waikato and NZ-wide. Or try hiring containers in Hamilton, Wellington, Christchurch, Auckland, and NZ-wide. Buy containers that are completely suited to your individual needs.
Contact us on 0508 732 873 or request a free online quote today!