10 Foot Shipping Containers - Benefits & Uses
11 July 2019
10 ft shipping containers can be extremely useful when you don’t have a lot of space to work with or you don’t need to transport or store a large number of items. They are exactly half the size of the 20-foot containers which is roughly half the size of a single-car garage.
Their size and portability make 10ft containers popular for small space secure storage applications, but they can also be modified for many different uses. Because 10-foot units aren’t common in commercial shipping, many second-hand ones are made by chopping 20 ft containers into 10 units and adding doors and back walls. Also, only purpose-built 10’ units can be shipped, a chopped down unit cannot be certified for shipping.
At ContainerCo we have 10ft shipping containers for sale NZ wide as well as shipping container hire options.
The specifications for our 10ft containers for sale are as follows:
- Tare Weight: 1200kg (approx.)
- External length: 3.05m
- External width: 2.44m
- External height: 2.59m
- Internal length: 2.79m
- Internal width: 2.35m
- Internal height: 2.39m
- Capacity: 15.89m3
- Payload: 8,960kg (approx.)
- Total weight: 10,160kg (approx.)
Uses For 10 ft Containers
The smallest of containers can be used for various things, including
- Shipping Goods - Of course! It’s what its original purpose was, so it can still be used for transporting your items from one place to another. Our containers are cargo worthy and wind and watertight and can even come with extra accessories like secure lock boxes for extra security.
- Storage - The smaller size makes it easier to find a home for the 10 footers on your commercial or residential property if you’re looking for a secure storage option.
- Conversions - Thanks to the endless amount of customisation options available, you can modify your container to suit a large range of needs. At ContainerCo we can provide shipping container modifications NZ-wide, just tell us what you need!
Benefits Of 10 Foot Shipping Containers
- Size - The smaller size of these containers makes it much easier to find somewhere to place them and can save you time and money.
- Portability - Thanks again to the compactness of these units, they are much easier to transport.
- Durability - Our containers are made from high-quality steel, ensuring your items are safe and the container lasts a long time.
ContainerCo Containers NZ
At ContainerCo we have shipping containers for sale NZ wide in a range of sizes and configurations. You can hire for the short term or long term, or purchase containers for a permanent solution to your needs. We have new and used 40 ft, 20 ft and 10 ft shipping containers for sale NZ wide, so you’re sure to find exactly what you’re looking for.
We also offer four-door containers, high cube containers, refurbished shipping containers and refrigerated containers for sale NZ-wide. Whether you’re hiring containers or you want to buy containers new or used, we have everything you need.
We can provide you with shipping containers in a variety of sizes, for many purposes. We have containers for sale Auckland, Hamilton, Napier Wellington, Christchurch and NZ-wide, as well as container hires Auckland, Hamilton, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch and NZ-wide.
Give us a call on 0508 732 873 or request a free quote online today!